- Susan Lewis
- 5 Hours 59 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Oct 17, 2018
- Law vs. ethics
- Elements of legal informed consent
- Nuts and bolts of office policies
- Records vs. psychotherapy notes
- What to put in a record
- Limitations on confidentiality
- Michigan case law & danger to others
- Michigan duty to warn potential victims
- The latest updates you need to know
There is a practical approach to risk management.
- Elements of consent
- Competence & scope of practice
- Boundary violations/crossings
- Issues with modern technology
- Texting, cell phones, e-mail, video psychotherapy
- Perils of supervision
- Licensing complaints & malpractice lawsuits
- Michigan-specific statutes
- Case law and how to find it
You can navigate the legal system.
- Roles of attorneys
- Subpoena & disclosure of confidential information
- Depositions, interrogatories, expert testimony
Minors are treated.
- Michigan age of majority
- Consent to treatment
- Separation & divorce
There are case studies.
Susan J. Lewis is a doctor. He is a lawyer and clinical psychologist. She has over 25 years of experience in clinical practice with unique populations that have included female sexual offenders incarcerated at a woman’s prison, self-injurious individuals, forensic patients and individuals who suffer from severe and persistent mental illness. In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Lewis has held a number of leadership roles.
Law and Ethics in Mental Health courses are state specific and taught by Dr. Lewis. She lectured nationwide on DSM-5® and differential diagnosis. She taught The Psychology of Criminal Behavior at Northeastern University. She is an author. Legal and ethical issues for mental health clinicians. Her latest book. A forensic and clinical psychologist’s journey. A year ago.
Dr. Lewis works with attorneys on controversial issues such as dangerousness, competence to stand trial, criminal responsibility evaluations, and civil and criminal commitment. She works with attorneys to come up with strategies to deal with mental illness. In most of the district and superior courts in Massachusetts, Dr. Lewis is an expert.
She is a hands-on, knowledgeable instructor because of her extensive clinical experience. She brings a sense of humor to her seminars.
Susan Lewis is in private practice. She is paid by PESI, Inc.
Susan Lewis is not a financial member of the American Psychological Association.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from courselamps.org .
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC 8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!